To make your resume Internet-ready, use the following guidelines:
- Use a plain text font such as Arial, Courier, Futura, Geneva, Helvetica, New Century Schoolbook, Optima, Palatino, Times New Roman, Univers.
- Use 10 - 14 pt font.
- Avoid using bullets, replace with asterisks.
- Avoid using underlined text - Use full capitals for titles.
- Avoid the use of tables, graphics, and tabs.
- Include a keyword section to make your resume easy to find when recruiters search their database.
- As a final check, you may want to review your resume in a text editor such as Windows Notepad before submitting